Get ready to celebrate the most patriotic holiday of the summer! These are some of the best 4th of July activities to do with your kids this year. Here are 16 Festive and Fun 4th of July Activities you can do this year!
Fun 4th of July Activities 2021
I think we can all agree that the 4th of July is one of the most fun and festive days of summer. It also seems to mark the unofficial half way point of summer, or maybe that just how it feels. Either, way, it is a great day to deck out in red, white and blue and celebrate summer and freedom in a big way!
This year, we are very hopeful about resuming a fun and festive 4th of July holiday! Last year, we missed out on our usual July 4th festivities. So, we are excited to celebrate the 4th of July with our family and friends this year!
What to do with my family on the 4th of July this year?
1. Deck out from head to toe in Red, White and Blue attire. You could even have a family competition to come up with the most creative 4th of July outfits.
2. Decorate your bikes in red, white and blue crepe paper and ribbons. Then, go on a family bike ride!
3. Have a backyard camp out. Maybe you will be lucky enough to catch some local fireworks in your yard.
4. Light up the night with sparklers (parental supervision needed) or even glow sticks! Kids will love this activity!
5. Put together a Red, White and Blue Charcuterie board like this one!
Check out this festive 4th of July Charcuterie Board from Dreams + Coffee!
6. Have a mini flag scavenger hunt in your yard. Buy a big pack of mini flags and hide them all over your yard for the kids to find!
7. Make a festive 4th of July dessert. This Red, White and Blue Ice Cream cake is so good!
recipe via Lake Life State of Mind
8. Go on a family hike and take time to appreciate our National and Local Parks! You could even go on a little Geocache hunt while you are out and about!
9. Have a family water balloon hunt. Beat the heat with this fun activity.
10. Make a holiday themed craft. Use some Red, White and Blue sand to create a patriotic centerpiece or keepsake.
11. Set up a hot dog bar with all the toppings. It isn’t summer if your kids haven’t had their share of hot dogs! This hot dog bar set up is so cute!
12. Have some family friendly outdoor competitions. See who can throw the farthest Frisbee or use hula hoop for the longest. Set up several different activities and keep score. Award fun and silly prizes for each activity.
13. Set up a Tie Dye Party! You could even stick to a Red, White and Blue Tie Dye theme! It is hard to find tie dye kits but this one is available right now!
14. Watch a movie outdoors with a large sheet and one of these projectors. If the weather is not good, you can always have a movie marathon indoors!
15. Create a bucket of 4th of July goodies for the kids. You can find bubbles, glow sticks, stickers, water cups and more at the Dollar Store!
16. Take some family photos. It is fun to see how much everyone each holiday, so be sure to commemorate this special day.
4th of July Activities
Are you ready to celebrate the 4th of July? Which of these July 4th activities might you do this year?
More 4th of July Posts You Might Like:
Also, you can check out this Pinterest board for more Fourth of July Inspiration!