Managing Summer Chaos

This post is sponsored by Red Baron but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.

I can’t believe we are already at the end of another summer week! Summer break is going too fast in some ways. In other ways, it’s a little too crazy and I don’t know if I can manage two more months. I just read a recent survey that found that many moms reach a breaking point just 13 days into summer as they begin to get behind on common chores like grocery shopping or meal preparation. Sounds very familiar! Just last week, I mentioned that I was so behind on my laundry that my kids almost ran out of clothes. In addition,  I have also been way off of my grocery game and I’m not getting to the store as often as I would like.

As we are now two weeks into summer break, I am learning to adjust a few of my routines and give myself a little leeway in the household chore department. Today, I will share a few ways I am managing summer chaos which includes adding in a new pizza favorite to our rotation!

Clean House Motto

Normally, throughout the school year, I can not sit down and relax in the evening until the kitchen is cleaned up and toys are put away. I am usually able to clean as I go throughout the day. However, summer completely throws this routine out the window! If we are home, the kids are in full play mode which means toys EVERYWHERE! On the days we are out and about, we are left with little time during the day to get stuff done. So lately, there are days that I am letting things go! The dishes will be there in the morning and I usually get to them first thing. It all works out just fine!

Organized Fitness

Well, this is one area I am not intentionally modifying, but the reality is that I can not make it to my usual fitness classes nor am I able to meet up my daily workout buddies.

Instead,  I am taking the physical exercise that I can! Sometimes it is a bike ride in the evening with one of the kids and other days I try to take several fifteen minute walks around the block with our dog. Just the other day I raced my daughter in the community pool for a little exercise.

I’d love to be able to incorporate a little more yoga, but so far this has not happened. I do my best for now and I hope that as the summer goes on and our schedule becomes more regular, I can add in more structured time.

Dinner Menu

I am no stranger to keeping meals simple.. Even though I usually follow a weekly dinner theme schedule, I do not make recipes that are very complex or labor intensive. However, over the summer, I keep things REALLY simple and easy. I pick meals that I know my family will all like. At the end of a long summer day, everyone is hungry and TIRED!

We need meals that are quick and yummy! The other day, we came home from the pool hot, exhausted and hungry. Everyone wanted food like NOW.  It was Pizza Night but the idea of making homemade pizza or even ordering pizza would have taken too long! This was a perfect day to try the Red Baron Pizzas we had in the freezer.

I also make summer dinners easy by eating outside on our patio! For some reason, dinner clean up is easier when we eat outside!

Summer Mom Hacks with Red Baron

We had dinner on the table in under 20 minutes AND it was a meal the whole family could agree on.

Mom Hacks for Summer

I served the pizza with chopped veggies and fruit.  I always make sure to have a lot of chopped veggies and pre-washed fruit on hand in the summer–perfect for quick meals and snacks at the pool!

Red Baron Pizza has been around for more than 40 years! Their pizza has been one of my husband’s favorite pizzas since he was little!

Red Baron Classic Crust pizza is not too thick, not too thin with a crispy, airy, flaky layered crust that makes it a classic. It is available in 11 different flavors. We had Pepperoni Pizza with Brick Oven Crust and 4 Cheese Pizza Classic Crust.   You can head HERE for a full list of Red Baron Pizza varieties.

Red Baron Pizza for Easy Summer Dinners

******************************************************

There are days that the elaborate meals make sense and there are days that simple and easy win! What are you doing this summer to make life at little easier for yourself? Do you have any summer mom hacks for managing the craziness?

1. June 20, 2018 / 7:19 am

That dinner, though easy, would be perfect for my family and I love how quick and you still managed to make it healthy! 🙂

June 20, 2018 / 8:01 am

It’s all about balance right?! Pizza and veggies for the win!

2. June 20, 2018 / 7:49 am

I totally feel ya about the summer dinner’s! I feel like in the winter I’m ready to hole up in the kitchen and really cook – but the summer….NOPE! BLT’s and salad on the daily around here, lol

June 20, 2018 / 8:00 am

Right—no one wants to be in the kitchen all summer long!

3. June 20, 2018 / 7:56 am

I am also working on fitness with the kids, otherwise I wouldn’t exercise at all! My plan is to start a load of laundry each morning so I can keep up with it. We’ll see how that goes. My kids’ last day of school is today, so I may be modifying some of these plans!

June 20, 2018 / 8:00 am

I like that laundry idea!!! I am going to have to try that. Happy Summer Break!

4. June 20, 2018 / 8:23 am

Oh, yum! We have pizza night and have tried a few different brands, but we haven’t tried Red Baron. Adding it to the list now 🙂

Great list – I need to remind myself to have a little more grace in the summers, especially with the dishes. Those seem to be my biggest stressor lol

5. June 20, 2018 / 10:36 am

I love the idea of eating outside, way less mess to clean up in the house and under the table. I have a patio table with the cutest umbrella that we rarely use, thanks for the reminder to get outside and enjoy some fresh air!

6. June 20, 2018 / 2:58 pm

LOL…I’d already decided to have pizza tonight because it’s easy to get on the table. The summer seems so chaotic, so I’m trying to have simple meals just like you mentioned!

7. June 20, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Pizza is our go-to summer food also! We also have to change things up with exercise routines and cleaning the house summer just throws everything off but it sure is fun 🙂

8. June 20, 2018 / 4:27 pm

Haha, I love how honest you are about your summer chaos. Yes, when we go out it’s always hard to make dinner. I’m just thankful that I can just grab a pizza now… when the kids were little there were too many allergies and health issues, it was horrid. I’m so glad that they are healed from most of that now.

9. June 20, 2018 / 7:49 pm

Oh yum! I havent really tried pizza with my girls, but I may just give it a go! Also, I need to be better about letting the clean house go sometimes– you are so right!

June 21, 2018 / 7:03 am

It’s hard to let go but I’m trying too!

10. June 21, 2018 / 10:52 am

On busy nights when our son has baseball we have started getting pre-made pizzas for a quick dinner. I didn’t go this route in the past as I assumed most were really unhealthy – but there are so many more options available these days. I’ll have to look out for the Red Baron option too 🙂