Friday Favorites: Winter Break, Holiday Style and Organizing in 2019

Hi friends! Happy Friday! This week has FLOWN by! The kids have been out since Tuesday afternoon and I don’t know where the last three days have gone. It’s been a lot of fun with family and friends.

Cookie Decorating Tradition

I will admit that we have not gotten to every single one of our Christmas traditions this year! And I am okay with that! I’ve talked to friends who are worried that they too  haven’t gotten to every tradition they “should” be doing. But the reality is each year is a little different and schedules can be hectic. So we sometimes have to let go of things and accept that new things might take their places! Anyway, just a little food for thought as you may be able to relate to the holiday crazy!

One tradition, we absolutely make sure to do though, is decorating cookies with  my mom.

As the kids have gotten older, they have really taken the lead on decorating the cookies. It makes things a little easier for my mom and me!

Last Minute Shopping at Marshalls

Earlier this week, I stopped into Marshalls to grab some last minute hostess gifts and the place was CRAZY! I loved all of their festive wine bags but I was not willing to wait in the HUGE line, so I ended up walking out with nothing.

Holiday Wine Gift BagsI did check out the Christmas section at Marshalls before I left. I couldn’t believe that half of the Christmas section had already been replaced with bed and bath items! The store is already gearing up for the new year!

I also spotted a few cute Rae Dunn items. A large utensil container and a sugar and creamer. I did not get either items though!

I saw these ADORABLE clothes pin clips that would be so cute for displaying Christmas cards. I might have to go back for these. Too cute!

Holiday Style

On Wednesday, I shared some of my favorite holiday outfits I found on sale.

This dress is a new favorite and I will definitely be wearing on Christmas.

I also love this long sleeve sequin top. It is so hard to find sparkly or sequin long sleeve tops—everything seems to be sleeveless. I might wear the top on New Years Eve, although we are usually pretty casual.

I also found another fun top for New Years! This Champagne top is very festive, not to mention very soft and cozy!

Product image

DIY Command Center

Lastly, I was so EXCITED for my DIY Chalkboard Command Center to be featured in a round up of family organization ideas over at the Red Tricycle. This website has a ton of information and ideas for families, so it was a great opportunity! You can read about my command center here and you can check out the whole article here (tons of other great command center ideas!).

How to DIY Chalkboard Wall Command Center #organization #familyorganization #chalkboardwall #commandcenter

After the holidays are over, the focus inevitably turns to organization and decluttering! So it is a great time to think about a family system that works for you!

**********************************************************************

Anyway, that wraps up my Friday Favorites! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

1. Andrea Nine
    December 21, 2018 / 5:42 am

Oh how I would love those coffeclothes pins! Yes I did venture out Wednesday and our Marshall’s and TJ’s was so packed I didn’t even go in, lol. Adore your outfits so much and how fun is that Champagne probs dress! Hope you have a very Merry and festive Christmas weekend! xo

December 21, 2018 / 1:33 pm

I keep thinking about those coffee pins–just too cute! Hope you have a Merry Christmas too!!!

2. December 21, 2018 / 6:02 am

You totally sparkle and shine in that top girl! Merry Christmas to you!

Patty
    GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

December 21, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Aww thanks Patty! Have a wonderful Christmast too!

3. December 21, 2018 / 6:30 am

The cookies came out great! Again I LOVE that top on you and I will definitely be inspired by your de-cluttering after the holidays! Merry Christmas Jaclyn!

December 21, 2018 / 1:32 pm

The cookies are def creative—a little too many sprinkles for me…but the kids love them:)

4. December 21, 2018 / 7:11 am

When I was out shopping this week, I noticed that Target is already 30% off Christmas and Trader Joe’s had cleared their holiday displays. I guess the season starts early and ends early in retail. Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2018 / 1:31 pm

Wow already?! It is so crazy how quickly we move on to the next season.

5. December 21, 2018 / 9:01 am

That sequined top is so pretty, I loved it in your WUW post and I love it now! How fun and festive for the holidays. I am with you, I don’t feel like we have gotten to all of our traditions this year and that is ok. I think we put way to much pressure on ourselves. I asked my people what we wanted to do and what traditions mean the most to them and we have been able to do those. I love all the fun organizing and cleaning things that start to come out this time of year. Ha! I love starting the new year on a clean slate. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

December 21, 2018 / 1:31 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

6. December 21, 2018 / 1:37 pm

Marshall’s has been insane by me too! And super messy! I can’t wait until it goes back to normal!

7. Mother of 3
    December 21, 2018 / 7:18 pm

For the first year ever my boys did not want to decorate Christmas cookies; in fact other than one batch of cookies at the very beginning of the month we haven’t done any holiday baking at all this year. It feels very weird to me but I figure that just means we’ll have a slightly healthier holiday! Ha!

December 22, 2018 / 7:50 am

It’s tough when everyone doesn’t want to do the tradition! But as you said, not a bad thing to have no cookies around the house. They are hard to resist!

8. December 24, 2018 / 9:28 am

Too bad the line was too long to buy anything, you found some cute things!

9. December 26, 2018 / 2:24 pm

Those garland clips are so cute.