What better way to help teach kindness to kids than to work together as a family to perform random acts of kindness! Today, I am sharing easy ways to perform Random Acts of Kindness for Kids! Encourage your kids to engage in their own acts of kindness with the Random Acts of Kindness Bingo Card Printable! These Random Acts of Kindness ideas are social distance approved:)
Easy Ways to Spread Kindness for Kids
While we are mostly still staying at home these days, everyone could use a little kindness extended to them. These last few months have made us all a bit weary, anxious and sadly missing our friends and family. Now is the time for families to come together and spread a little kindness in their homes, community and the world!
Today, I am sharing some simple ideas for Random Acts of Kindness! Download the Kindness Bingo Game and start spreading joy to others!These are ideas that the kids can easily do on their own and feel like they are making a big impact in their environment. We are always trying to teach our kids that the more kindness they extend, the more positive vibes that come back their way. How good does it feel to make someone else feel special?!
Random Acts of Kindness for Kids (Social Distancing Ideas)
Here are some easy ideas that you can do even if you are social distancing at home!
- Write a letter for a family member or friend.
- Walk a neighbor’s dog.
- Pick up trash in the neighborhood
- Make cookies for others.
- Play with your sibling.
- Donate old books.
- Do a chore without being asked.
- Make dinner for the family.
- Leave a sidewalk chalk message.
- Help with yard work.
- Give someone a compliment.
- Surprise someone with a treat on their front porch.
- Donate old toys.
- Leave positive notes around town.
- Paint rocks and place around your neighborhood.
- Donate food to a local food bank.
- Organize a small fundraiser for a favorite charity.
- Collect change around the house and donate to a good cause.
- Collect aluminum can tabs and donate to Ronald McDonald House or local charity.
- Host a garage sale and donate the proceeds.
- Decorate someone’s yard with inspiring lawn signs and balloons.
- Leave extra change at a vending machine.
- Set out drinks and snacks for your delivery drivers and mail carrier.
- Adopt an animal online.
- Use allowance money to sponsor a child.
- Collect toiletries for the military.
- Let your sibling pick the activity to play together.
- Do the dishes after dinner.
- Make cards for a local senior center.
- Collect new toys for a children’s hospital.
- Give your dog a bath or groom your pet!
- Make a tissue paper flower bouquet and give to someone.
These are just a few RAK ideas for big kids, teens and even adults!
“No act of kindness is too small. The gift of kindness may start as a ripple that over time can turn into a tidal wave affecting the lives of many.” ~Kevin Heath
Random Acts of Kindness for Kids Printable BINGO Game
How do I get my kids to be kind? For some kids, being kind is easier than for others. The best way to help your kids learn to be kind is for them to see you being kind! Even small acts of kindness, like saying hello to a stranger or holding a door for someone. Your kids learn by example, so if they see you doing these little things, they are more likely to do them!
In the summer months, I try to set aside one day a week to do a good deed for someone else or in our community. In the past, we have served meals at community centers, and helped at a local animal shelter. Right now, since our options are limited to help out in the community (with many community volunteer opportunities limited with social distancing), we will focus more on helping at home and with our family and friends.
Download this Random Acts of Kindness Bingo Game and let each of the kids work on a BINGO card. When everyone gets a BINGO in the family, have a fun treat like a trip for ice cream or a family movie night! You can also use the Blank Kindness Bingo Card to make your own activities!
Other Posts for Kids you might like:
My friend Keri is sharing more Kindness ideas so head over HERE to learn more!
Time for the Wednesday Link Up Party!
Jaclyn from Coffee, Pancakes, and Dreams
Brittany from Dreams and Coffee
Mary Leigh from Live Well Play Together
Tiffany from Lake Life State of Mind
Lindsay from Lindsay’s Sweet World
Keri from Cultivate an Intentional Life
Holley from Simply Holley Marie