Summer is just around the corner and soon our days will be filled with trips to the pool and beach! The month of May is National Water Safety Month and what better time to get all of our “ducks” in a row and make sure our little ones are ready for swim season! I have partnered with Goldfish Swim School to share some tips on Water Safety! I am also hosting a Goldfish Swim School Giveaway for a certificate for a one week JUMPSTART CLINIC ($110 value)! So you will want to be sure to stick around to see how to enter to win this awesome swimming giveaway!
Goldfish Swim School provided me with a box of goodies to help spread the word on water safety! While I’ve always be concerned about water safety with my kids I did not know that, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, DROWNING is the leading cause of injury death to children ages one to four and the second leading cause of injury death for children ages one to fourteen!
While I am open to letting the kids choose their activities, swim lessons has been a non-negotiable for them. The American Red Cross says that the number one thing that parents can do to keep kids safe around water is to enroll them in swim lessons. My daughter has always been a little fish, but one of my son’s did not take to water as easily as his sister. He did not like getting his head wet and really resisted swim lessons. I was so excited when Goldfish Swim School came to our are because I had heard so many great things about their program. I signed up my (then) four and seven year old boys for lessons. Goldfish offers for children ages four months to 12 years old!
Goldfish Swim School was a game changer for my kids! The tropical vibe environment and the the warm water (kept at 90 degrees), sold the kids right away. Each and every month, there is a different Goldfish theme and related fun goodies and a bath toy provided to the kids! We’ve collected over 12 of the adorable fish bath toys:) Goldfish uses the Science of Swim Play in their lessons because they know that kids learn best through play!
Next month, I will share my entire review of Goldfish Swim School and what it has done for my kids’ swimming skills! Stay tuned!
Water Safety Reminders:
- Water toys including floaties, noodles and plastic inner tubes do NOT protect against drowning. Life Jackets should be designated U.S. Coast Guard-approved. If the life jacket has a strap that goes between the legs, be sure to use this added protection.
- Most children who drown are supervised. Designate a “water watcher” who will avoid cell phones, conversations and anything else that might distract the adult from watching the swimming children every single second.
- Be aware that even the most seasoned swimmers can still encounter trouble. Make sure swimmers don’t overestimate their skills and that they understand the importance of never swimming alone.
Goldfish Swim School Details:
Lessons available for children ages four months-12 years old
Water temperature maintained at 90 degrees
School amenities include showers (provided with shampoo), hair dryers and private changing rooms
Jumpstart Clinics are five consecutive days of swim lessons!
Weekly Classes available year round!
Goldfish Swim Schools are currently located in 23 states across the U.S.
Click HERE to see if there is a location in your area!
Goldfish Swim School Giveaway!
I am SO excited to get to giveaway a certificate for one week of a Jumpstart Clinic (valued at $110) for a location near you! Jumpstart clinics, which are offered all summer long, are five consecutive days of swim lessons! We’ve done these clinics several times and these sessions are always the push my kids need to work through some tougher skills and get to the next level.
Rules to Enter: (Deadline to Enter is Friday, May 18th 11:59 EST)
- Follow at least one of my social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook or, Pinterest
- Leave a BLOG comment below on which Goldfish Swim School location is near you!
- Additional entries for following multiple social media accounts or signing up as an EMAIL SUBSCRIBER! (PLEASE NOTE THE EXTRA ENTRIES IN YOUR COMMENT BELOW).
Thank you to Goldfish Swim School for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions on Goldfish Swim School are entirely my own.