My July Stitch Fix box was filled with a lot of cute styles for summer! I am sharing my latest Stitch Fix Review and what items I decided to keep and return!
We are halfway through summer but that does not mean we can’t still shop for cute summer styles! Now is the time when summer outfits are really necessary because it is so darn hot! I did not have big expectations for my Stitch Fix July box because there wasn’t any particular clothing piece I was searching for! But, I was pleasantly surprised with what my stylist picked out for me! My Stitch Fix boxes are really getting better and better! I’m figuring out how to request things that are my style and I think my stylist is figuring me out a little more! Anyway, let’s get to the July Stitch Fix Box first before I share my Stitch Fix tricks of the trade!
This is my fourth Stitch Fix Box. You can read about my other style boxes here:
Stitch Fix Summer Box 2019
I have my Stitch Fix box set to come every other month and I’ll be honest it sometimes feels like my next order comes up so quickly! So, I don’t always have a lot of time to put my requests in. You do get a reminder e-mail that your stylist is starting your order soon, so you can make any last minute requests! That is the time to say if there is anything you do or do not want!
This month, I requested a pair of jeans, a pair of Toms and versatile summer tops! My stylist was able to meet all of my requests! Some of the pieces didn’t exactly hit the mark, but I was happy that my requests were all heard.
1. Madewell Road Tripper Skinny Jeans $75
It was nice to receive a pair of jeans that were under $100. Typically, when you request premium jeans, you can expect to spend $100 and more! I was really hoping I would have been sent at least two pairs of jeans, so I had a few choices to work with. If you were really on the hunt for a specific item, you could request your whole box to include 5 different options. So I could have requested five pairs of jeans.
Sometimes it is hard to commit to a pair of jeans because you don’t know if they will be the pair that you really love. Even though I have several pairs of jeans in my closet, there is only one or two pairs that I wear!
This Madewell pair was a great fit and a nice wash. I only have one other pair of dark wash jeans (that are not distressed) that I truly like wearing.
You can see the jeans below with two of the Stitch Fix tops!
2. Toms Classic Solid Canvas Slip On in Red $48
It’s been a few years since I have owned a pair of Toms. I love the patterns and styles that Toms has to offer. Plus, the shoes are pretty comfortable and they work great for every day casual style.
My stylist indicated that she was not able to find me a neutral color/pattern in my style. So, I was a little disappointed that the Toms were in a bright red. Certainly a fun color but a bit limiting in what I can wear with them. I really wanted a pair that I could throw on with just about any daytime outfit!
3. LUQ Purple Tie Front Top
My stylist picked out this top because she knew that I liked the color purple. When I tried this on, my daughter–who happened to be my photographer— commented on how much she liked the color. I did not like the style of this top as the knot opening hit right at my stomach. So, unless I am wearing a tank underneath, the knot hits at just the wrong spot. The top had some potential but just wasn’t a style that I loved.
4. Verse Halter Top
This is one of those items you get in the box that when you see it, you think there is NO way you’d like it. The bright green color really scared me off. But, I was pleasantly surprised! The pattern and the color of this top was so fun!!
5. FORTUNE + IVY Halter Top
This blue and opal colored halter top is so fun! The material is really soft and the flowers have a raised texture to them. The top looks great with jeans and also a white jean skirt or pants!I While halter tops can be flattering, I don’t always like that I have to wear a strapless bra with these sort of tops. But, I really liked this top as it was different from other tanks in my closet.
What Did I Keep?
Well, I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve (no pun intended :)) So, you may have guessed, my favorite pieces are the Madewell jeans and the Fortune + Ivy blue floral halter. I need to return my items ASAP, so I’d love your help in deciding what to keep! What are your favorite items??
Stitch Fix Tips
There are a few things to know when you order your first Stitch Fix box!
- BE sure to fill out the style profile and note exactly what you do and do want in your Fix! If your stylist does not have any information from you, she is taking a wild guess at what you make want! If you leave it up to the stylist (who has no information from you), you will most likely not like your Fix!
- Analyze your closet BEFORE you fill out your style profile. Take an assessment of any outfit needs, what styles you have enough of and what colors and patterns you like to wear.
- When you receive your box, be sure to try on EVERYTHING! Even if there are items you do not think you would ever wear, try it on! You never know! Sometimes a color or style you don’t think you would like ends up being your favorite item! Shop your closet to make a complete outfit with each piece. Match up jewelry, shoes and purses to your items! It really helps to know if it is an item you like and that you will end up wearing!
- Analyze your closet AFTER you receive your box. You may love a certain piece and then, when you look at your closet, you realize you have a similar item that would fill the same need. Do you really need another tank tunic when you already have a couple (even if the new one is in a fun color!)?!
- Provide detailed feedback when you check out of your Stitch Fix box. Indicate why you liked or did not like a particular item! This really helps the stylist hone in on your preferences and it will help make your next Stitch Fix order even better!
How to Join Stitch Fix
Have you ever tried Stitch Fix?
There is a $20 styling fee that will be applied to your order if you decide to keep anything. Otherwise you do not get back the $20 fee. You fill out a very detailed style profile to help your stylist select things that are your style.
The nice thing about Stitch Fix is that if you keep all five items, you will receive a 25% discount off your order. Stitch Fix offers women’s sizes 0-24W & XS-3X,. They also offer subscriptions for me and children! My daughter just tried out a Stitch Fix Kids box!
The average price point is $55 per item but you can decide how much you are willing to pay for each category–pants, tops, accessories, etc. This past month, I requested that the tops fall within the $30-$40 price range and they did a good job of sticking close to that request!
The Stitch Fix women’s line works with over 250 established and up and coming brands. There is clothing for every style type–classic, preppy, edgy, etc! They even offer athleisure clothing and shoes!
Honestly, if you haven’t had a chance to give Stitch Fix a try, I recommend ordering one month! It’s fun to receive mail for YOU! To sign up for Stitch Fix and fill out your request! (my affiliate link) and $25 off your first order!!
Time for a link party! Blogging friends, share your post below and meet your hosts!