Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
All the fall spices combined into a healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. All purpose flour or Kamut flour can be used in place of whole wheat flour
Servings 12 regular muffins (or 24 mini muffins)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup flour (white, wheat or kamut)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini chips are good for mini muffins)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
Mix sugar, oil and eggs until combined. Add pumpkin and water and combine.
In separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips.
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Test if done by putting a toothpick in the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
Place on cooling rack for 20 minutes.